1. The opinions expressed by the author does not generally reflect the opinions of his employer, peers, NATA, IATA, or other sanctioning bodies. All information and photos are brought to you via the blog is for the intent of education and communication of concussions.
1A. If #1 was not clear enough this is my exact employers suggested DISCLAIMER: This is my personal website and reflects my views and opinions only. Any comments made on this website, by myself or by third parties, do not necessarily reflect views or opinions of my employer.
2. Linked websites are “third-party” websites as they relate to The Concussion Blog. Disclaimer: These 3rd party sites are not affiliated with The Concussion Blog. The Concussion Blog has no control over the content on these sites. (This disclaimer also goes for all other linked sites/products in posts and in menus.)
3. If you feel that your work or pictures are not following “fair use” guidelines please contact me and I will make the necessary adjustments. I am not here to get in trouble or “steal” information. All guidance in this area is welcome.
4. You may also notice that I have a sarcastic/satirical approach to things and attempt to be humorous. Usually to no avail, enjoy.
I WISH TO STATE IN NO UNCERTAIN TERMS I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT WE SHOULD OUTLAW OR “WUSS DOWN” CONTACT SPORTS!!! WE JUST NEED TO BE EDUCATED AS TO PREVENT LONG TERM EFFECTS AND DEATHS.
If you have a suspected concussion PLEASE consult a medical professional that has experience in this area. This website is NOT for self-use in terms of diagnosing, treating and returning from concussion. Not only is that slightly short sighted it is plain dumb!
Agenda of the Blog
- Raise awareness about the recovery from a concussion, most importantly in adolescents.
- Raise awareness about the injury called “concussion” or “mild traumatic brain injury”.
- Create an open forum where we as the public or health care professionals can “ideate” and find better ways to handle this issue.
- Spark debate in the medical community about concussions and the treatment of them.
- Bring to the forefront the health care profession of athletic training.
- Create an open forum where we as the public or health care professionals can “ideate” and find better ways to promote the athletic training profession.
- (Pipe Dream Here) Have awareness about concussions and athletic training lead to re-evaluation of insurances not reimbursing for athletic training rehabilitation codes.
Things this Blog has ZERO Intention of Doing
- Assassinating the character of any athletic trainer that is unfounded and has no facts about.
- Assassinating the character of any health care professional that is unfounded and has no facts about.
- Spreading any LIES about what occurred or is occurring in the concussion issue.
- Being anything other than an “outpost” and area of opinion for concussion and athletic training information.
Thing That May Occur After Reading This Blog
- You will return
- Change your view-point on concussions and their management
- Understand what athletic trainers do and can do in the concussion issue
- You will think I am a “hack”
- Read to far into what was written and take umbrage
- May allude to me as an “expert” (I am the furthest from an expert, just well-educated in the area)
- Want to participate, and please do.