Our periodical report for The Association.
These do not occur as often as football and hockey for a couple of reasons, one; fewer players equals less incidence and two; the reporting of injuries is up to beat writers, as I have yet to find an official league injury page. I will be using the standard CBSsports.com and ESPN for compiling this information. Also to note for 2012 is the shortened season due to the lock-out.
Last year the regular season produced 12 concussions, with the season winding down we have identified 10 thus far in this shortened season, with others like LeBron, who is apparently to tough for concussions, not on the list:
- Andrew Bogut – MIL – 1/16/12
- Jameer Nelson – ORL – 1/27/12
- Kyrie Irving – CLE – 2/7/12
- Lazar Hayward – OKC – 2/20/12 – Fink’s Rule
- Jason Smith – NO – 2/22/12
- C.J. Watson – CHI – 2/22/12
- Kobe Bryant – LAL – 2/29/12
- Brandon Wright – DAL – 3/5/12
- Rudy Gay – MIL – 3/12/12
- Mickeal Pietrus – BOS – 3/24/12