The Concussion Blog Original, NFL Concussion Report, is a weekly compiling of the reported head injuries in the National Football League. Concussions are added to the list each week from multiple sources to give you the reader a picture of what is happening on the field. Each week we will bring you the list of players along with relevant statistics. If we have missed a concussion or put one on here erroneously, let us know.
With the NFL back, and full practices beginning, it is time to begin our EXCLUSIVE head injury/concussion tracking for the NFL. Our listing last year was the first of its kind (minus what the NFL has on file but will not release), this year with more people willing to help (you too can help) the hope is to make The Concussion Blog NFL Concussion Update even better.
Let this be the Official Invitation to all the readers out there to lend a helping hand. It is rather simple and will take little time/effort on your part, and I will greatly appreciate the help. Here is how you can help;
- Upon hearing/reading about a concussion or head injury cite the source (url) and send it to us, with; name, team, position, date of injury, practice or game; via twitter @concussionblog or email email@example.com (with subject line “NFL Concussion 2011”).
- If possible attempt to identify the helmet being worn, via a picture (send in), if possible.
- Your name if you would like to be credited at the end of the season.
That is it! And with that we have our first concussion of the 2011 Season; Ben Watson of the Cleveland Browns. If you were to tweet this to us it would look like this;
- @concussionblog B. Watson, CLE, TE, 7/30, Pract, http://bit.ly/pEKWw2
If you were to send it via email it would look like this;
- Subject NFL Concussion 2011
- Ben Watson, CLE, TE, 7/30
It is really simple, and in the preseason it is very important to find as many as possible, as injuries are not publicized via NFL Injury List until the season starts.
I would like to thank all those in advance for taking the time to help with this group project. You should know that last year’s edition was used by many media outlets, used in research studies, and used to verify other research studies. Thanks Again!!!