Savard Saga


Marc Savard of the Boston Bruins who began the season on the NHL injury list due to post-concussion syndrome was released to play after 2 months into the season.  However the last two games have been a test to his recovery as he was hit at Buffalo on Thursday and again in Denver yesterday.  Neither hit was reported as afoul of the rules, never-the-less Savard is not going to the West Coast rather back to Boston for a re-evaluation.

Instead, Savard will remain in Denver tonight and fly home to Boston tomorrow to be re-evaluated. Claude Julien said Savard was not showing any concussion-related symptoms after he was belted by Matt Hunwick in the second period.”He seemed fine when I talked to him,” Julien said. “So we’re hoping it’s all minor.”

At 3:19 of the second period, after dishing the puck to Michael Ryder, Savard absorbed his second head shot in the last week. Julien said it was a clean check by Hunwick…

SOURCE via @ewheeler1976

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s